AutoCAD Tips and Tricks Archive
Layout - Maximize Viewport
Some AutoCAD users get confused when suddenly their Viewport window disappears from their Layout view. They rarely notice that Viewport has actually maximized over the whole drawing area. This occurs when:
- Double clicking the Layout Viewport border.
- Click on the Maximize Viewport button (status bar).
- Select Layout Viewport border, right-click and select Maximize Viewport.
- Zoom in so that Layout Viewport border falls out of the drawing area. Click the Paper button (status bar).
To return to Layout do any of the following:
1. Double click the thickened coloured border around the drawing area space.
2. Click on the Minimize Viewport button (status bar).
3. Right-click and select Minimize Viewport.
4. Click on the Model button (status bar) and zoom out.
Why do round Solid objects have segmented edges when shaded or rendered?
- Click Tools / Options / Display
- Display resolution / Rendered object smoothness
- Set the value of approx. 5 (10 is max.).
Do you find the File Loading warning dialog box annoying?
Lasso – New Object Selection in AutoCAD 2015
Lasso / Crossing (green area) selects all objects crossed by the selection area, Lasso / Window (blue window) selects all objects entirely enclosed in the selection area.
More Tips and Tricks
AutoCAD Tips and Tricks
Numerous tips for more efficient work with AutoCAD