V-Ray is one of the most innovative and realistic rendering engines for the media, entertainment and design industries. It is the perfect solution for achieving excellent results in various lightning sceneries and shading effects. Its top rendering technology has set high quality, speed, reliability and ease of use standards in creating photorealistic visualizations. V-Ray renderer is developed by company Chaos Group.
V-Ray in 3D community software solutions
V-Ray can be upgraded or integrated with various 3D design, engineering and entertainment software solutions:
V-Ray® for Autodesk® 3ds Max®, V-Ray® for Autodesk® Maya®, V-Ray® for Autodesk® Softimage®, V-Ray® for Rhino®, V-Ray® for SketchUp®, Phoenix FD™ Autodesk® 3ds Max®, Phoenix FD™ for Autodesk® Maya®, and Pdplayer™. V-Ray’s excellent results are most desirable in the following industries:
V-Ray for Autodesk 3ds Max Features
V-Ray for 3ds Max is a complete lighting and shading solution that can be flawlessly integrated in every 3D Artist’s and designer workflow. The flagship rendering software has set the standard for speed, reliability, ease of use and render quality. V-Ray for 3ds Max’s incredible stability, flexibility and rich set of features provides visualization specialists with exceptional rendering capabilities.
- Efficient Shading System Optimized for Ray-Tracing
- Support for Efficient Material Layering
- Fast Sub-Surface Scattering Shader
- VRayCarPaintMtl - Stunning car paint shaders
- VRayHairMtl Shader - Fully raytraced hair and fur rendering with control, quality and speed
- VrayPtex - Texture with ability to lad Ptex files
- VRayDistanceTex Texture – Create a wide range of effects based on the distance between objects in the scene.
- VrayMultiSubTex - assign different textures based on object ID
- Dispersion - complete support for light dispersion
- Physically Accurate Full Global Illumination Solutions
- Physically Accurate Lights
- Directionality Parameter for Rectangle V-Ray Lights
- Efficient Illumination from HDR Environments
- VrayLightLister – quick set up and adjustment of complex lighting
- Support for Additional Render Elements
- VRayLightSelect Render Element - the contribution of each light to the scene
- Ultimate Resolution of Any Issues Caused by Distributed Rendering
- VRayExposureControl Plug-In - proper exposure of regular viewport and camera views, including orthographic views
- VRayLensEffect Render Effect - range of bloom and glare effects complete with light dispersion and obstacle mapping
- VRayLensAnalysis Tool – realistic distortion patterns for V-Ray Physical Cameras.
- Depth of Field with Bokeh Effects
- Accurate Motion Blur
- Interactive Rendering on CPU & GPU
- Stereoscopic Setup
- Bidirectional Path Tracing (BPT) - accurate, unbiased light solutions with caustics that are so sharp that they are dangerous to view
- Dynamic Loading of Tiled OpenEXR
- On-Demand Geometry Loading from the Disk
- Displacement Mapping
- Three Different Image Sampling Methods
The latest V-Ray for Autodesk 3ds Max software version
V-Ray 3.2 for Autodesk 3ds Max is the latest software version. It brings improvements in volume rendering, distributed rendering, and global illumination. A short list of new features:
- New VR cameras - render stereo cube maps and spherical stereo images with two new VR cameras.
- A faster and more powerful V-Ray RT GPU support
- Volume rendering - support for OpenVDB, Field3D, and Phoenix FD volume grid formats.
- Add or remove distributed rendering nodes on the fly
- Updated Light Cache algorithm removes light leaks and improves animation
- Geometry - New preview types for proxy objects, Faster rendering of hair and fur, Intel Embree support for 3ds Max Hair & Fur and V-Ray Fur.
You can read and watch more about the new features on V-Ray 3.2 for Autodesk 3ds Max Chaos Group webpage
V-Ray 3.2 for 3ds Max is a free update for all V-Ray 3.0 customers!
Demo or trial version of V-Ray software can be downloaded for free after registration at Chaos Group
V-Ray for 3ds Max
V-Ray for Maya