When activating Top View, Grid disappears and Snap is no more aligned. We can temporarily solve this issue by typing UCS and selecting World. But as soon as we change again to 3D View and back to Top View, same issue appears.
Do the following to solve this permanently...
- Go to the Orthographic UCSs tab, select Top and Details button.
- Close the UCS Details dialog box.
- In the UCS dialog box double-click the Depth value (0.00) for Top View.
- In the small Orthographic UCS depth dialog box click the Select new origin icon next to the Top Depth value.
- Type 0,0,0 for the new origin point.
- Confirm and close all dialog boxes.
Just to be sure, check the Origin coordinates again (USCMAN, double-click on Details for Top View).